Lead Guide - Training
Division/Branch: Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education
Location: Royal National Park (Sutherland), South of Sydney, NSW
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled
Lead Guide - Training to join Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education.
Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education leads the way in professional Christian outdoor education. Through the practise of temporary community, the passionate, enthusiastic and highly skilled team use outdoor learning experiences to bring together Bible-based discipleship and outdoor education in a unique and powerful way. The team is made up of a talented bunch of people who love Jesus, seek adventure in the outdoors and believe that not all lessons are best taught in the classroom. They are just as passionate about Christian ministry to young people as they are about adventurous experiences in God’s creation.
About the role
As a Lead Guide, under the direction of the Training Manager, you will facilitate the training, assessment and ongoing professional development of Christian Outdoor Education Trainees and other Team Members.
- Plan, prepare and deliver training and assessment in Outdoor Education
- Mentor & coach COE leaders
- Contribute to and implement risk assessments and management plans
- Conduct training based at camp sites and in remote areas, with evening and weekend training sessions as required
You will need to demonstrate
- Qualified in Outdoor Recreation (Certificate IV skill set or higher)
- Qualified in Training and Assessment (Certificate IV TAE or willingness to complete)
- Qualified (current) in Wilderness First Aid and Water Rescue
- Able to demonstrate industry currency including at least 2.5years experience.
- Able to work autonomously as well as in remote locations, overnight and for extended periods
- Capable and comfortable to teach on the personal impact of the Christian faith, and willing to support the ethos of a Christian organisation.
Own transport and a current driver’s licence are essential due to the location of Port Hacking Conference Centres and location of areas training is conducted in.
To note applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description.
Submit in writing a cover letter and resume by clicking 'Apply' below.
Additionally, please upload the completed Application Form when submitting your cover letter and resume.
Your application should address all selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement. Please include a past employer and your current church minister as a referee.
Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
If your skills are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment/HR team.
Applications Close: As soon as the position is filled