Apprentice Chef - 1st Year
Division/Branch: Youthworks Conference Centres
Location: West Cambewarra (Nowra), NSW
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: As soon as the position is filled (early January 2019 start)
Apprentice Chef - 1st Year to join Youthworks Conference Centres.
Youthworks Conference Centres provide a place of temporary community for groups for relational and personal growth. They are intentional partners to schools, churches and like-minded community groups through networking, collaboration and facilitation of Word ministry. They provide outstanding venues in amazing locations and Christian hospitality. They believe their interactions with guests and each other are opportunities to promote and proclaim the gospel.
About the role
As an apprentice chef, you will combine on-the-job learning with off-the-job training to play a key role in contributing to our guest’s satisfaction, and enhance Youthworks’ reputation, through preparing menu items to required specifications and standards.
- Contribute to food being prepared and delivered to service point(s) in a timely fashion
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in area(s) of responsibility
- Prepare ingredients/food for cooking and service
- Stock inventory appropriately and rotate stock as needed
You will need to demonstrate
- Ability and availability to cover shifts Monday to Sunday to assist with seven-days-per-week operations
- A passion for food preparation and cooking
- A willingness to learn and attend off-the-job training
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing strong customer service
- A systematic and focused approach to tasks with a strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a wide range of staff to achieve effective outcomes
- Strong work ethos
Hep C and Hep B Immunisations and a Food Safety Certificate are desirable but not essential.
Current drivers licence and own transport are essential as there is no public transport anywhere near the Shoalhaven Conference Centres.
To note applications cannot be processed until a completed application form is submitted.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description.
Submit in writing a cover letter and resume by clicking 'Apply' below.
Additionally, please upload the completed Application Form when submitting your cover letter and resume.
Your application should address all selection criteria listed in the position description and include current qualifications, relevant professional experience and Christian ministry involvement. Please include a past employer and your current church minister as a referee.
Youthworks Conference Centres is committed to participating in the NSW Working with Children Checks program, and successful applicants must have a valid Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
If your skills are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment/HR team.
Applications Close: As soon as the position is filled (early January 2019 start)