Local SRE Trainer
Training Dates and Locations
Click here to register for a Local SRE Accreditation Trainer course near you.
Becoming a Local SRE Accreditation Trainer
The local church can have an appropriate person trained as an SRE Trainer for both Primary and High School SRE. This person would be qualified to teach all the SRE Accreditation courses in their home church or for the teachers of the schools in which their parish is involved. Smaller parishes can join together to have one trainer that supports multiple parishes.
Examples of an appropriate person would be any of the following:
- Adult Educator
- Paid Ministry Worker (Clergy / Children’s Minister etc)
- Experienced SRE teacher
To become an SRE Trainer you would need to complete the following:
- Be an accredited SRE Teacher
- Complete the Local SRE Accreditation Trainer Application Form. Please bring the completed form to the trainer course.
- Attend an SRE Trainer Course (click here to find available courses)
- Be observed teaching one of the modules by a Youthworks SRE trainer.
- Attend an SRE Trainer Course every two years
Please note clergy and church members with a theological degree can run the training for Bible Foundations in their church without having to attend further training.
SRE Trainer Costs
The cost for Anglicans is free.
The cost for other denominations who wish to train someone as a Local SRE Accreditation Trainer is $450 which includes the trainer course, course observation, and course material.
Contact our Ministry Support Administrator on (02) 8268 3355 for payment options.