Youth Ministry Advisor
Organisation: Youthworks Ministry Support
Location: Sydney, NSW
Youthworks Ministry Support is looking for an experienced person to join our team with a particular focus on ministry to youth. You will need to be a committed Christian who can work independently and understands the value of participating in a close team. We are looking for someone who has the desire and the tenacity to create new opportunities and bring them to fruition.
The position is full-time and your responsibilities will include:-
- Develop and promote God honouring youth ministry amongst Anglican churches in the Sydney Diocese.
- Plan and implement strategies to increase the reach and impact of ministry to youth.
- Develop and support a strategy for networking youth ministers.
- Support and train Youthworks College students in relation to ministry to youth
- Create and deliver high quality training for youth ministers and youth leaders.
In addition to your primary role you will be expected to participate in the general life of the team. This will include:
- Regular reading and writing on issues relating to ministry to youth
- A willingness to travel approximately 2 weeks a year outside of Sydney to train and support Christian brothers and sisters in other places.
- Participation in our various conferences throughout the year.
- Support the delivery of Safe Ministry Training (approximately 10 a year)
- Theological Training – Bachelor of Theology and above
- 5 years’ experience as a church youth minister
- Minimum 4 year commitment
Remuneration: Subject to qualifications and experience and in line with Diocesan Guidelines.
Applications: Please submit an application form (URL below), three letters of reference and a resume with a particular focus on relevant training and experience.
Interviews will be conducted from November 1 and the position will remain open until filled.
Submit to: email@example.com
Enquiries: Jon Thorpe - 0412 679 771